Today we have something special for food lovers. We are with Paneer Makhani Recipe. Paneer Makhani, paneer or cottage cubes in a buttery, creamy and mildly sweet sauce. It is very simple to make and tasty dish.
Paneer makhani is best served with roti’s, paratha’s or with naans. I served with simple roti , jeera rice and a side veggie salad. It is one the most popular dish in Indian Cuisine. Paneer is cooked in a rich buttery onion-tomato silky gravy and other Indian spices. This recipe is classic North-Indian dish served in restaurants but this is purely Homemade style.
Ingredients for Paneer Makhani Recipe:
Roughly chopped Onion – 2 no
Finely chopped Ginger – 2 to 2.5 tbsp
Garlic – 6-7 no
Roughly Chopped tomatoes – 3 no
10 – 12 cashews
Butter – 50 gm approx 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds / Shahi Jeera – 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Tomato puree -2 tbsp
Paneer – 200 gms
Kasuri methi – 1 tbsp
Fresh Cream – 1 tbsp
Fresh Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp for garnishing
Preparation Method :
1. To make the base for the “makhani” – take water in a pan, add the onions (roughly chopped), ginger (finely chopped), garlic and roughly chopped tomatoes. Add the cashew nuts and cook for 10-12 minutes, when onion changes the color and tomatoes becomes soft mash it with the help of spatula, turn off the flame.
2. Then strain the concoction and grind it into a puree in the mixie. (Don’t throw the stock, it will reuse later)
3. Now take some butter in a pan put on slow flame. Add shahi jeera and Kashmiri red chilli powder. Now add the prepared puree and stir well. Now add some salt and black pepper powder. Then add two big spoons of tomato puree and above stock..cook for few minutes.
4. Then cut the cottage cheese into small cubes and add. Allow cooking time of 10-12 minutes.
5. Roast kasuri-methi on tawa, cool it, crush with hand and add it to the gravy.
6. Now add a table spoon of fresh cream and stir well.
Now finally add a 1/2 tea spoon of garam masala powder. Mix well.
7. Garnish with a chopped coriander leaves and serve with roti, paratha or with any bread.
Enjoy & Happy Cooking !!
I hope you all will like it, you can find out more recipes on, “Homemade Recipes“.